Temporary Food Service Events

The goal of this program is to protect the public against health hazards associated with temporary food service events. (Bake sales are exempt, as long as no potentially hazardous foods are served. 

Temporary Food Licenses are required if you will be preparing or serving food at a temporary event in Teton County. Licenses are valid for one event and cannot exceed 14 days in length.

To determine if a permit is required for your temporary food event, please contact Environmental Health at (307)732-8490.

Temporary Food Service Event Rules and Guidelines

If you intend to cook on-site you will want to contact Jackson Hole Fire & EMS about any fire code requirements. Call (307) 732-8588 for Fire Inspector Lisa Potzernitz or (307) 732-8547 for Fire Inspector Ryan McPadden. Here are some Fire Code Recommendations for Food Vendors that Fire Inspectors will look for at events.

If you are bringing food from your establishment in a different State, you are required to obtain a Wyoming Food Distributors License. This requires a copy of your food license from your state and a copy of your most recent inspection report.

Temporary Food Service Event Applications

Important note: In addition to your application, you may be required to fill out a questionnaire and commissary letter for your event. As this will add to the time required to process your application, please allow adequate time when submitting your application.

Temporary Food Establishment License Application (pdf)

Temporary Sampling Establishment License Application (pdf)
*As we work on our TSL Application, please use the above application in the mean time. 

Wyoming Food Freedom Act information

The Wyoming Food Freedom Act (WFFA) allows for the sale and consumption of homemade foods. To learn more about it, visit the links below.

Wyoming Food Freedom Act (pdf)
Wyoming Food Freedom Act Q&A (pdf)

Example Handwash Station